Monday, October 11, 2010

First-time mother-in-law

The journey and process to becoming an official mother-in-law is fraught with pre-wedding pressures.  First from the Oz Hairdressers, that I need to look perfect with a promotion priced hair colour, cut and blow wave...looking like I have been in a wind tunnel or like Phyllis Dillus(?) of the TV sitcom of the 1960s.  Then a visit to David Jones to get some advise on make-up from Voula at the Clarins counter.  She was very helpful indeed.  I joked about sleeping on Saturday night, fully made-up with foundation, eyeliner, lipstick and dressed so that, come Sunday morning, I should be ready to attend the wedding by 9 a.m. That was not the end of the saga.  A beauty facial place put more pressure by selling their machine treatment to smoothen my forehead and frown-lines.  Totaling $200+.  With two appointment cards in my hand, freaking out by the imposed pressure, let loose when I returned to DC's flat.

By Friday, I canceled both appointments and felt total RELIEF! 

No comments:

Post a Comment